"The optimist invents the airplane, and the pessimist invents the parachute." – G.B. Stern

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Information Design Assignment Ideas

I am a Technical Communication major, and I think one assignment that would help me prepare for a career in tech comm is to design a pamphlet with technical information included in it. I might actually be asked to create one in my future career.

More practical assignments that would help me in my tech comm major would be to design a business card, design a mock home page for a website, and to put instructions for a technical subject into three different types of documents. All these assignments would prepare me for any career in tech comm.

Also, my minor is Natural Resource Management so one assignment that might help me would be to design a professional looking report cover. Such an assignment would help me in my future career, since one area of NRM I would likely go into is writing professional reports and proposals for ranchers or biologists in the field of resource conservation.

3 comments:

  1. Good to know about your major. What sorts of reports and other documents are common in your major of natural resource management? Can you find examples for your next blog post that you might like to re/design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about the design of a professional looking report cover. This is something that I will also be doing with my career in Urban and Regional planning. I have seen some reports that seem so static and where as the information is good it is not properly showcased. I'm excited to see what you can do with this. I'm sure it'll be helpful to myself and other peers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your post regarding assignment selection specifics. A good start to the course here!

    ReplyDelete